Our Strategy Map
Aligned with the CSG’s vision statement, the new VISION of FEO reflects an inspiring statement that gives clear direction to perform its mission to complete within a given period which gratefully acknowledges the guidance of the God’s divinity, stated as:
“Imploring the aid of the Almighty, by 2022, the Firearms and Explosives Office shall be a highly capable, effective and credible firearms and explosives regulatory body contributing towards a secure, orderly and safe environment.”
While it’s MISSION is to administer and enforce firearms and explosives laws, rules and regulations.
As far as the FEO DASHBOARD is concerned, the following are the six (6) perspective and corresponding objectives:
- Enhance standard systems and procedures on the regulation of firearms and explosives;
- Ensure timely and accurate data on firearms and explosives in support to operating units;
- Enlist competent, motivated, values-oriented and disciplined personnel;
- Adopt responsive organizational structure;
- Establish fully automated data management systems; and
- Optimize use of financial and logistical resources
The FEO vision is fully aligned with its mission, which has been shaped by the enactment of the following Mandates through Republic Acts or Laws:
- Republic Act No. 9516 otherwise known as “An Act Further Amending the Provisions of Presidential Decree No. 1866, As Amended, Entitled "Codifying the Laws on Illegal/Unlawful Possession, Manufacture, Dealing in, Acquisition or Disposition of Firearms, Ammunition or Explosives Or Instruments Used in the Manufacture of Firearms, Ammunition or Explosives, and Imposing Stiffer Penalties for Certain Violations thereof, and for Relevant Purposes”
- Republic Act No. 10591 otherwise known as the “An Act Providing for a Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition and Providing Penalties for Violations Thereof”
- Republic Act No. 8294 otherwise known as “An act amending the provisions of Presidential Decree No.1866, as amended, entitled “Codifying the Laws on Illegal/Unlawful Possession, Manufacture, Dealing In, Acquisition or Disposition of Firearms, Ammunition or Explosives and Imposing Stiffer Penalties for Certain Violations Thereof, and for Relevant Purposes”
- Republic Act No. 7183 otherwise known as “An Act Regulating the Sale, Manufacture, Distribution and Use of Firecrackers and Other Pyrotechnic Devices”
These laws provide a clear mandate to the Mission of the FEO to “efficiently and effectively administer regulatory services on firearms and explosives” with its CORE VALUES, the FEO used the ACRONYM “CITE” which stands for:
Providing a clear picture of its Strategy Map, FEO was able to describe the link of its vision, mission and core values by connecting strategic objectives based on the four (4) perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard, as follows:
On RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, the objective is to optimize the use of financial and logistical resources.
On LEARNING AND GROWTH, the three objectives are:
- Develop competent, motivated, values-oriented and disciplined FEO personnel;
- Utilization of responsive organizational structure; and
- Establish fully automated data management system.
On PROCESS EXCELLENCE, the following are the objectives:
- Automate processes in the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses, permits, registrations and accreditation; and
- Ensure timely and accurate generation of data on firearms and explosives in support to operating units.
On COMMUNITY PERSPECTIVE, the ultimate objective is to have a less proliferation of loose firearms and diversion of explosives and controlled chemicals towards a safe and secure environment.